If you are in charge of the deicing program for a university or hospital, you already know how important it is to keep busy walkways safely free of ice and snow. Hurrying students with arms full of books may not see a patch of ice in time to avoid it. Likewise, people on their way into a hospital probably have other things on their minds than watching out or slippery surfaces.
Equally important as providing non-slip surfaces to everyone entering a university, health care facility, or business is to recognize that these locations are used by a particularly vulnerable populace with special safety concerns:
- Falls are one of the leading causes of serious injuries to the elderly; complications related to a fall are a major cause of death amongst this group.
- Pregnant women are also at increased risk from slipping and falling.
- Another particularly vulnerable group uses wheelchairs, walkers, or canes, or are visually impaired. Sometimes areas such as wheelchair ramps, shady areas, or areas slightly “off the beaten path” don’t receive as much attention from those applying deicer as busier areas; however, these may be the very areas where the most vulnerable visitors are walking simply because they are less busy. Wheelchair ramps, in particular, can catch anyone of any mobility status off-guard and cause a nasty fall. This is especially true where the ramp joins the sidewalk; those areas require careful monitoring to ensure they remain ice-free.
When it comes to deicers, you will want to use highly effective products that will prevent ice and snow from bonding with your surfaces. Our products will give you the peace of mind knowing that those utilizing your facility, particularly those who are the most at risk for a fall, are safe from ice-related injuries this winter.
- Ice Slicer® offers superior traction and performance under conditions of extreme cold. Ice Slicer® products’ unique blend of natural chlorides outperform liquid anti-icing chemicals and rock salt, outperforming white salt at all temperatures while reducing corrosion.
- Apogee™ has the ability to slide through snow to break the bonds of ice at its contact point with your surface. This non-acetate based product allows you to get into those places where other acetate-based products are prohibited. It performs well in all temperatures and features a significantly lower corrosion rate.
- MeltDown Apex™ increases the effectiveness of salt in extreme conditions delivering unmatched melting performance at lower temperatures. Apex can be used as a stand-alone product or blended with salt to expedite snow and ice melt and enhance traction.
All of these products hold true to our commitment to delivering environmentally friendly alternatives that still deliver outstanding results. Ready to discuss the special requirements for your facility or business? Contact us or request your deicing evaluation. It’s free and our experts can help pinpoint the best solution for your unique situation and needs.
EnviroTech Services, Inc., a Greeley, Colorado based Small Business manufacturer of problem solving products for the de-icing and dust control markets. Over 26 years of "People Helping People Help the Environment".