The BioPreferred Program, managed by the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA), was formed to increase the purchase and use of biobased products.
The creation of the BioPreferred Program was a part of expanding the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 with the purpose of increasing economic development and environment preservation. “The increased development, purchase, and use of biobased products reduces our nation's reliance on petroleum, increases the use of renewable agricultural resources, and contributes to reducing adverse environmental and health impacts” (USDA).
As an organization, EnviroTech Services, Inc. believes the natural world should be celebrated, studied, and preserved, which is why we are proud to provide products that are approved by the BioPreferred Program as biobased products which include:
- X-Hesion Pro®
- Product Categories: [85%] – Construction > Dust Suppressants
- Biobased Content: Certified 96%
- Low chloride- reduces water usage by 50-75%
- Product Categories: [85%] – Dust Suppressants
- Biobased Content: Estimated 100%
- Ultra-low chloride solution and provides improved resistance to weather
- Product Categories: [93%] – Deicers
- Biobased Content: Certified 97%
- Non-chloride (not an acetate), anti-icing, deicing, and prewetting
- Product Categories: [25%] – Other
- Biobased Content: Certified 100%
- Non-chloride, biodegradable
- Safe for plants, animals, as well as tires and rims
According to the USDA website, a ‘biobased product’ is a product that has been determined by the Secretary to be a "commercial or industrial product that is - (A) composed, in whole or in significant part, of biological products, including renewable domestic agricultural materials, renewable chemicals, and forestry materials; or (B) an intermediate ingredient or feedstock" (USDA). Biobased Products are derived from raw materials such as plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials.
To learn more about the BioPreferred Program and biobased programs, click here or check out the video below: